Our members are important to us and we want to hear from you.
Call, chat, email, or come see us. We're here for you!
- For Customer Service & Billing, call: (800) 987-2362
- For Technical Support, call: (800) 987-2362
- Questions or concerns about fiber construction in your area, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can't find an answer you're looking for? Email us at email@example.com
For more information about our construction and Fiber to the Home project progress, check out our status map.
We cover a large geographical area and our project construction is projected to be complete in 5-6 years. We are committed to keeping our members in the know throughout our project.
There are several ways to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up to receive our emailed monthly construction/project updates by Checking Availability here.
- Follow us on social media for even more updates. @GetCCFiber on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- We will send out postcards and email updates on construction entering your area and when services are available in your area for sign-ups.
- By "Checking Availability" on our website, our system will assign your service address to a "zone" linked to the substation that your home is fed from and we will be able to email you the minute service sign-ups open in your area.
Yes! We will inform you when Cumberland Connect’s high-speed fiber internet, phone and TV service is available in your area! Sign up to get updates on our progress.
Cumberland Connect will be offering packages with real high-speed internet, phone and in-home streaming TV service! For more information on our packages and pricing, check out our residential fiber services and our pricing and packages blog here. Cumberland Connect will also be offering customized fiber solutions for businesses of all sizes. Contact our Sales Department for a customized quote by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to do if I’m building a new home and want my home to be prepared for Cumberland Connect Fiber internet and streaming video services?
Cumberland Connect won't need to use any cabling for our video streaming service. It will all be streaming over WiFi through your Smart TV or streaming devices (Amazon FireSticks, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.). For internet, Cumberland Connect just needs a pathway to pull either Ethernet (Cat5e or 6) or micro-fiber from a location near your meter base to an interior space that we can place our router.
More Information: View Or Download Our New Construction Guide
Our members' experiences during our fiber construction are very important to us and we want to hear from you.
During the course of our project we will be completing construction in a three phase process. To learn more about our construction, click here.
If you have any questions, concerns, or experience any issues with any stage of our fiber construction, please email your information to: email@example.com and we will reach out to you directly.
Broadband is a common term that refers to data transmission for the internet service that is offered via various technologies and varies by speeds. Cumberland Connect will offer fiber delivered speeds up to 1,000 Mbps (Gigabit per second), including symmetrical download and upload speeds.
Fiber is the fastest transmission technology available for broadband internet access. Cumberland Connect will use high-speed fiber for internet, phone, and TV services!
Absolutely not! You can use as much data as you wish. We will never cap your data usage or “throttle down” your speeds like some carriers do!
No, Cumberland Connect uses fiber optic cables all the way to your home. This is the fastest transmission technology available for broadband internet access. Until someone invents a technology that is faster than the speed of light (186,000 miles per second!), fiber will be the fastest option available.
Cumberland Connect won’t need to use any cabling for our video streaming service. It will all be streaming over WiFi through your Smart TV or streaming devices (Amazon FireSticks, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.). For internet, Cumberland Connect just needs a pathway to pull either Ethernet (Cat5e or 6) or micro-fiber from a location near your meter base to an interior space that we can place our router. More information: New Construction Guide
Cumberland Connect must operate within Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation’s service territory. Members who are currently being served electrically by CEMC, for the exception of those members that live within another telephone cooperative’s service territory are eligible to subscribe to Cumberland Connect’s broadband services. Any existing CEMC member that falls within North Central Telephone Cooperative’s service territory is prohibited, by law, to receive our broadband services per the Broadband Accessibility Act (April 2017).
Mainline Fiber Construction
When electrical pathways are underground, crews will bore in order to connect our pipes from one point to another. Boring allows our crews to make this connection without destroying existing surrounding landscape and obstacles on the ground between the two points. Boring allows us to complete our construction with minimal disruption to your neighborhood by going underneath driveways, sidewalks, and fences.
The fiber will meet in a pedestal which is placed on the ground by crews. The pedestal serves as housing and protection for the branches of fiber. These pedestals are easily accessible for splicing crews once the time comes to drop/pull fiber to your home or business.
Overhead mainline fiber construction is a two step process. First, the strand cable is installed and will serve as a backbone for the fiber lines. Next, crews will lash (wrap) fiber onto the previously installed strand cable. The fiber is accessed from a tap which is placed on poles by crews. A tap can be thought of as a transformer, feeding the fiber to your home from the mainline. The tap serves as housing and protection for the branches of fiber. These taps are easily accessible for splicing crews once the time comes to drop/pull fiber to your home or business.
After mainline construction crews have installed fiber and pedestals, the next step is for our splicing crews to come in. Splicing is a very important step because it plays a large role in determining the quality of the light that travels throughout the fiber network. Proper splicing is key to a successful connection (uninterrupted light traveling throughout the network) being delivered to your home or business.
- Preparing for Installation
After you sign up for CCFiber services, there is preparation construction that must be completed on your property to prepare your home or business for your installation. This construction is referred to as the "Drop" (during which our crews will construct the connection between the main fiber line and the outside of your home or business). To learn more about what to expect during the drop, click here.
- Drop Construction
Completion of the drop construction is the process that allows us to bring the fiber connection all the way to your home or business. During your drop, crews will arrive on your property and construct the connection from the main fiber line to the outside of your home or business, most times following the existing electrical path (whether overhead or underground). During this process, crews will also install a small box, the Network Interface Device (NID), to the outside of your home or business. You are not required to be home during the drop construction. To learn more about how to prepare your property for your drop, click here.
- Scheduling the Onsite Installation
After your drop construction has been completed, our Installation Coordinator will call you to schedule your in-home or in-business installation at a time that is convenient for you. Someone at least 18 years of age must be home during your installation. To learn more about how to prepare for your installation, click here.
- Onsite Installation
One of our Installation Professionals will arrive at your scheduled time to perform your in-home or in-business installation, equipment set-up, and answer any questions you have. During your installation, your Installation Professional will discuss the placement of your equipment to provide optimal connection and experience for your household. Feel free to ask questions — they are there to help set you up for success!
- Installation Complete
You'll be connected and ready to enjoy real, high-speed fiber internet services!
- Optimize Your Experience
Keep checking your email. We'll reach out to you with resources to help you get the most out of your new CCFiber services.
Just a reminder that we're here for you after installation and beyond. We offer our subscribers 24/7/365 Technical Support for all things CCFiber! We wanted to keep it simple with one number to call for services and support. Call (800) 987-2362 any time for 24/7 Technical Support.
You've signed up for Cumberland Connect fiber services, via phone, online, or in your local office. What's next?
Be sure to check the email you used to sign up for CCFiber services — We will be sending you email updates and resources every step of the way between CCFiber service sign-up and your installation.
We are proud to offer our members and CCFiber subscribers local customer service and 24/7 Technical Support. We are available to help you, no matter the issue, by calling one number: (800) 987-2362.
The SmartHub app is a great tool available to our members that provides you with account management access wherever you are. Now, you don't have to call or head into your local office for many account services. With SmartHub, you have access to helpful features, right from your computer or mobile device:
• View your account usage and billing for both Electric and Fiber services
• Make payments and modify payment methods
• Report potential service issues or outages for both Electric and Fiber services
• Receive news and bulletins from CEMC and Cumberland Connect
Now that you have access to fiber Internet in your home or business, we want you to have the tools you need to get the most out of it! The CCFiber Smart IQ app gives you more control over your CCFiber network. CCFiber SmartIQ is a simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use app that gives you access to many great features:
• Manage devices connected to your network
• Set up Parental Controls
• Create a Guest WiFi Network
• Run connection speed tests
Our Help Center is your resource for downloadable guides and information about your CCFiber services.
Our members deserve the very best, and that means having the peace of mind that their network is safe, secure, and optimized for their needs. The Peace of Mind package adds the benefits of ExperienceIQ and ProtectIQ to the standard CCFiber SmartIQ app features.
When you enroll in the Peace of Mind Package, you' will have access to expanded features and benefits to your Wi-Fi network, such as:
- • Enhanced Parental Controls & Time Limits
- • Content & App Restrictions
- • In-Depth Network Usage Data
- • Network Traffic & Device Prioritization
- • Upgraded Network Security
... and more!
Click here to learn more about how the Peace of Mind package can benefit you.
We're here for you with support for all things CCFiber! We proudly offer our CCFiber subscribers 24/7 Technical Support:
- Call (800) 987-2362 and Select Option 2 (Any time day or night - 24/7)
- Live Chat with a Technical Support Representative on our website (M-F, 7:30am-11:00pm)
1. I received a notification from Cumberland Connect regarding potential copyright infringement. What should I do? If you received an email from Cumberland Connect LLC about copyright infringement, that means that a copyright infringement notice was sent to Cumberland Connect from a copyright holder or its agent associating your account and identifying activity that potentially infringes on copyright protected material. Notices are sent when a rights holder believes copyrighted material has been illegally downloaded from and/or uploaded to the Internet. The letter Cumberland Connect forwarded to you provides information about the infringement allegation Cumberland Connect received from the copyright holder. Receiving such a Notice does not indicate that you are being personally accused of a crime, but rather that you are being alerted to potentially illegal activity that was detected over your Internet access connection. Upon receiving notice that your account might be used to engage in copyright infringement, you should investigate the issue to ensure that your account is secure and that no one with access to your network is infringing any copyright protected materials.
2. How do I resolve this? Determine whether someone with access to your internet subscription has downloaded a copyrighted work without permission. If so, search for the copyrighted work on computers that have access to your internet account and remove any copies of that work that you may find.
3. How do I know when the alleged infringement occurred? The letter you received from Cumberland Connect reflects the date on which the copyright holder claims to have detected a copyrighted file being publicly accessed through your Internet access account.
4. I don’t recognize the alleged infringing material. How do I know what it is? It is most likely that the file identified in the letter you received relates to a song, TV show, or movie— although it could also relate to any other type of copyrighted material. To determine the nature of the material you have been accused of potentially infringing, search for the title of the material listed in the letter that we sent to you using a search engine.
5. How do I locate the material on my computer? If you are using Microsoft Windows, click on the Start button located at the bottom left-hand side of your screen. A window will pop up with a search bar at the bottom to “Search programs and files.” You can search by the exact file name or with key words. You’ll want to look on your hard drive for this file. Once your computer locates the file or files associated with your search term, it will list possible matches. You must determine which file corresponds to the one listed in the letter you received.
6. What is Cumberland Connect’s role in this process? Cumberland Connect is obligated under federal law to adopt, reasonably implement and inform Internet access subscribers of, a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Internet access subscribers who repeatedly violate the copyright laws. Cumberland Connect receives Notices from copyright holders or their agents who believe copyrighted material has been illegally downloaded from and/or uploaded to the Internet. Upon receipt, Cumberland Connect informs its subscriber of the alleged infringement. At all times, it is the subscriber’s responsibility to ensure that their account is not being used to conduct infringing activity.
7. Has Cumberland Connect invaded my privacy? No. Cumberland Connect respects the privacy of its subscribers. Cumberland Connect does not scan subscribers’ computers or otherwise invade the privacy of its subscribers. Unless required by law, Cumberland Connect will not provide your personal information to any copyright holder or its agents.
8. How was my information identified? Copyright holders or their agents identify potentially infringing activity by monitoring public internet traffic. Most often, copyright holders identify this activity by monitoring popular file-sharing networks or public Internet sites to which your computer may have connected. Peer-to-peer file-sharing programs require that you share files (allow others to download from you) even as you are downloading from others using the network. By using a file-sharing program, you are potentially allowing strangers to download files from your computer. File-sharing programs are not illegal by themselves—but can be used to upload or download copyrighted materials. Sharing copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner is illegal.
9. Does this Notice mean I am being sued? The letter you received from Cumberland Connect is not an indication that a lawsuit will be initiated against you. Cumberland Connect received a Notice alleging copyright infringement that was associated with your IP address from a copyright holder or its agent. Cumberland Connect sent you a letter to provide you with notice of that alleged infringement so that you may take steps to investigate and, if necessary, remedy the alleged activity.
10. I legitimately purchased the material alleged as infringing. Why did I receive a Notice? If you received a letter from Cumberland Connect regarding potential infringement for material that you legitimately purchased, it is possible that a file-sharing application on your computer scanned your hard drive and made available music, software or movie files. You should understand that even unintentionally making these files available can constitute a violation of the copyright holders’ rights. For this reason, you should take steps to disable any software that might result in infringing activity. Uninstalling the file-sharing application is the best way to stop your files from being made available to others on the Internet. A few popular file-sharing programs you may find on your system are eDonkey2000, eMule, Limewire, BearShare, FastTrack, Overnet, WinMX, Ares, DC++, Shareaza, Soulseek, KaZaA, Morpheus, Gnutella, and BitTorrent clients such as Azureus, BitTornado, BT++, BitComet, Vuze, Torrent, and BitLord. Because you are ultimately responsible for all activity associated with your Cumberland Connect account, you should take the following steps to ensure your internet account is not being used to commit copyright infringement:
A. Secure your home network with a password so that strangers cannot connect and use your internet subscription. If you need assistance in doing this, contact Cumberland Connect’s Technical Support staff at 800-987-2362.
B. Determine whether any computer in your home has file-sharing software installed on it and, if it does, uninstall that software.
C. Do not download files you know or suspect to be copyrighted material except from reputable sources, authorized for distribution by the copyright holders.
D. Cumberland Connect also provides advanced network filtering that can block many types file-sharing software as part of our Peace of Mind package. For more information on our Peace of Mind package, click here.
11. I subscribe to a peer-to-peer network in which I pay for permission to download certain materials. Why did I get a Notice? Despite any subscription you may have and pay for, sharing or downloading copyrighted material without permission is illegal. A subscription to a peer-to-peer network does not authorize you to download copyrighted material, including software programs, games, music, movies, TV shows, etc.
12. Will my Internet access be disconnected? Cumberland Connect is obligated under federal law to adopt and reasonably implement, and inform Internet access subscribers of, a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Internet access subscribers who are repeat copyright infringers. Cumberland Connect receives Notices from copyright holders or their agents who believe copyrighted material has been illegally downloaded from and/or uploaded to the Internet. If Cumberland Connect continues to receive notices from copyright owners indicating that a particular subscriber is using their internet account to commit copyright infringement, Cumberland Connect will take action—up to and including termination of your service—to ensure that its subscribers do not use Cumberland Connect’s services to commit copyright infringement. Cumberland Connect has procedures in place to track the copyright infringement notices it receives and to terminate subscribers who repeatedly violate the copyright laws
Phase 3 Q&A
You can visit our Status Map and search any address to view our Phase 3 construction areas and latest progress!
Be sure to register for our email updates so you can stay in the loop on the latest construction updates in your area. We will also send you an email the minute your zone opens for CCFiber service sign-ups. Click here to register!
The stages of our fiber network construction include:
Mainline Fiber Construction
Our construction supervisor, Kevin Casey, covers every stage of fiber construction in our Phase 3 Q&A Video! Watch the "What to Expect During Construction" section for explanations and examples of each stage of our construction.
You can also learn more about the construction process on our website by visiting our Construction Information page!
Preparations are already underway throughout our Phase 3 areas! Our crews are currently working on Right-of-Way preparations and vegetation management to clear the way for mainline fiber construction.
While there are several factors that can affect our timelines, we project to begin opening CCFiber service zones in our Phase 3 areas by the end of 2021, with Phase 3 construction continuing on into 2022.
Due to the several factors involved in fiber construction — such as preparations, planning, network engineering, weather, and more — it can take approximately 8-12 months to complete a construction phase. Our timelines can always change due to these factors, but rest assured that our crews are working as fast as possible in order to complete fiber construction and bring access to CCFiber services to all of our members!
While our timelines can vary due to several factors, we typically anticipate that the process between the initial sign-up and your CCFiber services being installed and activated will take about 2-4 weeks. This is because we still have some work to do after you sign up for service!
Our crews will be constructing a brand-new connection between the outside of your home and our mainline fiber (known as the Drop construction). Once this connection is completed, our installation coordinators will reach out to you to schedule your in-home installation appointment for a time that works best for your schedule. After your installation is complete, your services will be up and running!
You can learn more about the Drop construction process by clicking here.
You can learn more about how you can prepare for your in-home installation by clicking here.
Yes — no matter how far your home is located from the road, Cumberland Connect will bring our services to all eligible CEMC members! We will go the distance to bring our fiber services right to your door!
Our team is here to help answer all of your questions — we are always grateful for the opportunity to serve our members!
For questions or concerns related to construction, please email our construction team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns related to our CCFiber services, service availability, or anything else, please email our team at email@example.com.
We are always happy to help!
As a member and subscriber to Cumberland Connect fiber services, you will receive a Cumberland Connect bill separately from your CEMC bill. You can choose however, to pay at the same time, or choose a different payment date than your electric bill for your Cumberland Connect bill to be due.
As a residential subscriber, we will not ask you to sign a contract. We don’t believe in long-term residential contracts or cancellation fees. We believe in the network and member experience that we have built for our members so much that we know you’ll want to stay with Cumberland Connect. You can pay month-to-month and can cancel any time. If you are a business member, please contact Cumberland Connect for your customized solution.
No, Cumberland Connect is a broadband subsidiary of CEMC and will not have any effect on electric rates.